Exception is currently recruiting for a Wintel Engineer to join an existing team based in Glasgow.
This will be part of a team providing support, implementation build and problem analysis of the Wintel estate.
Applicants will have extensive skills and experience in Citrix and VMWare upgrades, scripting and troubleshooting, disaster recovery and a general support and analysis background.
The estate consists of vendors including IBM, HP, Quantum, Microsoft, Citrix VMWare, Veeam and Networker.
The role will involve managing and responding to incidents and Service Requests within the Server storage estate and the problem analysis and resolution of the incidents that have occurred.
- Adherence to SLAs
- Identification, investigation and resolution of incidents
- Root cause analysis of the incidents and solution recommendation
- Effective and efficient management of the incident queue
- Effective and efficient management of operational systems and services
- Escalation of incidents within agreed SLAs
- Timely and accurate reporting and recording of the incidents within Incident Management System
- Efficient and effective response to monitoring and alerting tools
- Compliance with security policies and procedures
- Creation and updating of documentation
- Provision of system storage as required
- Delivery of Service Requests
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career