Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a UX/UI Designer to be part of our successful winning team.
We are looking to expand our design capability with the addition of a UX/UI Designer to deliver fresh and impactful UX/UI design.
This role will operate across various customer deliveries as part of multi-disciplinary teams which consists of several collaborative disciplines including service design, development, DevOps, cloud architecture and engineering.
These teams work alongside other teams such as sales, service management and architecture to deliver solutions for our customers.
This role benefits from peer relationships and communities throughout Exception as well as being a role where the learning new skills are critical to success. We learn as a community and share knowledge through wikis, show & tells, online teams and face to face meetings.
Candidates will have experience of designing world-class app experiences and well-crafted interfaces. The role will involve working on every stage of the design process, from research to delivery.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Worked in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver products that meet user and business needs.
- Excellent visual skills are detail orientated and always striving for quality and consistency.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience in designing digital products for web and mobile platforms.
- Proficiency in sketching and creating low-fidelity wireframes.
- Proficiency with high-fidelity prototyping tools
- A strong understanding of the design process from initial problem framing, through user research and creative design to final handover to the development team
- Experience in planning and facilitating workshops.
- The ability to confidently present ideas to clients and stakeholders.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the development team.
- Take ownership of the design process within the team.
- Be a key advocate of user-centred design.
- Design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces and experiences.
- Conduct usability testing and iterate the design on feedback.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Make sure designs adhere to web accessibility standards.
- Keep updated on competitor products and industry trends.
- Keep updated on UX/UI design best practices and the latest industry trends.
- Experience in a UX/UI role in Industry or the Public Sector.
- Experience in creating high-fidelity digital prototypes.
- Track record of working in multi-disciplinary teams and communicating design ideas to diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of latest guidance on web accessibility standards and how to implement them.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience of working with digital analytic tools (Google Analytics Adobe Analytics, Hot Jar).
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career