Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology.
Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Solutions Architect to be part of our successful winning team.
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for the design and build of technical architecture, putting forward designs as solutions to technology challenges, for a variety of clients.
The role will involve working closely with our development team, designing appropriate solutions and providing an understanding of the overall strategy and this work is supported.
What is our role?
Our Solutions Architect will have experience of working in small, compact architecture and design teams, especially in a TDA function, ideally within Public Sector or utilities or similar industry with high levels of governance.
Core capabilities will include being able to design solutions based on Cloud and Agile delivery platforms/methods.
The role will have responsibility for managing scope and risk for Exception, in ensuring a successful delivery, throughout its lifecycle and across all architectural and technical domains.
We are interested in speaking to applicants with the following:
- SaaS and packaged software
- Application Rationalisation
- Asset Management / Work Management systems
- Commercial awareness in terms of supporting New Business bids or supporting Clients in Technology procurement aspects
- Strong Inter-Personal skills in dealing with both Senior Management and Technology Practitioners
- Familiar with a range of complex and large-scale solutions, across a variety of environments.
- Firm grasp of architectural methodology.
- Sound understanding of multiple IT platforms and management aspects.
- Clear ability to clarify, interpret and measurably deliver against business-driven requirements.
- Proven skills in analysing and delivering against diverse business requirements.
- Expertise in large-scale transformations within business critical environments.
- Clear and proven organisation, analysis and structured thinking skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Significant IT technical delivery experience across multiple management levels.
- Management of stakeholder requirements, expectations, objectives & relationships.
- Delivering results against complex technical, logistical, commercial and cultural challenges.
- Measurably meeting business requirements across and beyond project lifecycle.
- Excellent technical knowledge base - Ability to align technical solutions against business requirements.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career