This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Analyst or Developer looking to move into a Cloud Support Engineer position supporting customers across various AWS environments.
To be considered for this position you will have hands-on experience administering Windows or Linux systems, building and maintaining virtualised or containerised environments as well as knowledge of Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, Go or Ruby.
Experience in AWS with certification preferable however training and certification support will be provided.
This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience, training and certification in a variety of technologies. This will include AWS, DevOps tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Docker, Ansible and cloud tools like CloudWatch and Elasticsearch.
The role will require working with customers across our business to identify and fix live and other support issues.
- Management of customer tickets
- Work in a team to deliver 24/7 support
- Validate, investigate, and resolve calls raised
- Help meet defined customer Service Level Agreement
- Work with industry-leading partners and tools to enhance our service delivery
- Take ownership of incidents including status management and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Relevant work experience (eg level 2 or above in a service desk role)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A desire to work with a range of enterprise technology such as AWS, Windows, Linux, SQL Server, VPNs and Firewalls etc.
- An understanding of CI/CD and container technologies (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge Configuration Management tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Ability to programme or script in Python, Powershell, Bash
- Ideally have experience in enterprise infrastructure or public cloud technologies
- A passion for technology, in particular cloud technology and how it can enhance business and the IT industry
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career