Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology.
Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Service Designer to be part of our successful winning team.
This role will operate across various customer deliveries as part of multi-disciplinary teams which consists of several collaborative disciplines including UX/UI design, development, DevOps, cloud architecture and engineering.
These teams work alongside other teams such as sales, service management and architecture to deliver solutions for our customers. This role benefits from peer relationships and communities throughout Exception as well as being a role where the learning new skills are critical to success.
We learn as a community and share knowledge through wikis, show & tells, online teams and face to face meetings.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of transformational programmes in areas such as Digital and Smart Workplace delivery and adoption, designing new services that supports technology adoption as well as shaping culture and processes.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in user research, ideation, and concept prototyping.
- Excellent communication skills to describe new processes, human interactions, and technologies.
- Ability to synthesise complex and diverse data into strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Excellent collaboration skills and team player.
- Creative and analytical skills to develop user journey maps, personas, service blueprints, and other service design artefacts.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new domains and complex processes.
- Applying a user research and design-led approach to scoping and solving complex challenges.
- Taking ownership of service design projects, with the support and review of your team.
- Supporting research and design activities across the design process, including:
- Quantitative and qualitative user research
- Gathering and analysing user research
- Developing personas, journey maps and service blueprints.
- Running collaborative design workshops to understand user problems and co-create solutions.
- Creating and testing low fidelity prototypes for a variety of digital and non-digital touchpoints.
- Using prioritisation techniques to identify promising solutions in line with business and user needs.
- Thinking strategically, to assess how concepts meet strategic / commercial / policy goals and fit within relevant constraints.
- Keeping up to date with relevant design, industry, and technology trends.
- Actively contributing to the design practice by participating and leading community events and activities outside of project work.
- Actively contributing to the development of our design methods and tools.
- Experience planning and running internal and client workshops, facilitating discussions with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in leading design projects and supporting the wider team in engaging with the design process and design methodologies.
- Experience of working collaboratively in a dynamic agile environment.
- Broad understanding of agile delivery methodologies.
- Knowledge of latest guidance on web accessibility standards.
- Communicating research findings and design concepts effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business and work on exciting projects and services bring value to our customers. This is also an excellent opportunity to grow your skills in your field, wider your skills to new areas and advance within the organisation.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career