Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth we are looking for new Security Architect to join our architecture practice.
They will work collaboratively within a team of architects from various disciplines including solution, data, technical and enterprise architects. This ensures that Exception architects continue to develop their skills offering an ideal opportunity to develop your career.
The ideal candidate would enjoy working across different organisations and areas of large-scale enterprises to help them operate securely.
These organisations will be in diverse and challenging, sometimes highly regulated, areas such as nuclear, government and finance sectors. The candidate will be experienced with guiding organisations of various levels of maturity. They will also be well versed in how to achieve effective security in modern digital cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 or equivalent services.
The Security Architect will undertake diverse critical activities across several projects, activities including:
- Interact with and influence senior business, technical and industry stakeholders
- Research and apply innovative security architecture solution options to new or existing problems and be able to justify and communicate design decisions through governance and design authorities
- Develop vision, principles, strategy, and security roadmap
- Work collaboratively with other security disciplines such as audit/assurance.
- Experience of cloud security at scale in either a design or senior delivery role including migration to cloud.
- Experience of effective engagement with external 3rd party cloud and security suppliers.
- Experience of architecture design for security solutions including supporting the implementation by internal teams and external 3rd parties.
- Architecture certification such as TOGAF, AWS Solution Architect Associate, AWS Security – Speciality, Azure Solution Architect, Azure Security Engineer or similar.
- Experience of architecture design for security solutions including architectural supporting the implementation by internal teams and external 3rd parties.
- Experience of establishing security for large scale data environments.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career