Exception is looking for a Scrum Master to coordinate and coach our software development team.
Scrum Master duties include managing timelines, resolving problems and coaching team members on Agile methodologies. You will help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.
Experience and Skills
You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artefacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects, facilitating changes, with your mind set on deliverables. If you’re a strong communicator, a capable leader and your are invested in Agile frameworks, we’d like to meet you.
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Scrum master certification is a plus
Work with Us
At Exception, our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
Life at Exception
Never the same day twice, working with us ensures a challenging and collaborative environment where you are sure to thrive.
We hold regular forums to share solutions and discuss new trends as well as regularly sharing interesting research and articles.
We invest in our people’s growth and development.
We are a close-knit team who are always there to lend a hand, guide and support each other. We work hard but have a lot of fun together too.
As well as all the usual stuff (competitive salary, pension, holidays, etc.), here are some of the benefits you can take advantage of when you join our team.
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday (it is an important day after all)
- Take a day to support a charity or a community initiative of your choice, paid for by us
- Full Private Medical Healthcare which can also cover your family if you wish
- Yearly flu inoculation and any covid-19 top-ups
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced parental pay
- Opportunities to learn and develop and gain accreditations all funded by us
- A culture that promotes respect, creativity, openness and is inclusive for all
- The opportunity to excel at what you do and progress your career