Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology.
Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a PMO Co-ordinator to be part of our successful winning team.
The role will be part of an IT PMO function that provides a consistency in approach and documentation across all IT projects, as well as embedding, educating and creating awareness of governance and processes within a control framework.
- Ensuring that all relevant MI and data is up to date and gathered in a timely fashion to create content. providing transparent visibility on delivery progress and Risks/issues/assumptions/dependencies to governance forums.
- Supporting management in maintaining the roadmap and relevant data for all and prioritised projects / initiatives
- Preparing and co-ordinating the agenda and collateral for management, ensuring clear key messages and actions needed.
- Embracing a culture of continuous improvement to identify and develop improvements to the control framework.
- Contributing to the creation and running of the Portfolio and project governance structure
- Utilising your Change experience to constructively challenge Project Managers on the project status, prognosis and risk profile.
- Ensuring projects have the relevant documentation required and using knowledge and experience to confirm business cases, PIDs etc are of the quality maintained through the control framework
- Maintaining and tracking the project plans and data against a known level of uncertainty via regular updates from Project Managers, constructively reviewing quality of input.
- Supporting PMO team to maintain and track portfolio and project finances, including actual expenditure and future forecast against approved budget, highlighting any risks or opportunities when required
- Maintaining and tracking portfolio and project resources, including forecasting future resource requirements and insight in how to manage resource conflicts.
- Significant experience in a PMO role with a strong background in providing PMO services to complex Change programmes/portfolios.
- Experience of creating and managing the programme/portfolio performance across multiple measures including delivery against plan, financial performance, risk profile and resource supply and demand.
- Experience in both Waterfall frameworks and Agile methods.
- Excellent planning skills and able to manage competing priorities, working effectively under pressure.
- The ability to pose questions to colleagues in a collaborative and constructive manner.
- Highly skilled user across MS PowerPoint, Excel and Project applications.
- Excellent written communication with a proven track record in creating business and project reports, including for Executive consumption.
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Ability to alter communication style and method for differing client interactions and personalities managing both team and client expectations effectively
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career