Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time. Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to be part of our successful winning team.
This role will be part of our Cloud & Cyber team which consists of several collaborative disciplines including development, DevOps, cloud architecture and engineering.
This team works alongside other teams such as sales, service management, service design and architecture to deliver projects and services for our customers. These roles benefit from peer relationships and communities throughout Exception as well as being a role where the learning new skills are critical to success. We learn as a community and share knowledge through wikis, show & tells, online teams and face to face meetings.
We are looking for someone to produce scalable software solutions within cross-functional team responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment and support. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a flair for visual design and utility and a good attention to detail which you can use to take full ownership of tasks and deliverables.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business and work on exciting projects and services bring value to our customers. This is also an excellent opportunity to grow your skills in your field, wider your skills to new areas and advance within the organisation.
- The ideal candidate would enjoy frequently shipping code to production and have a solid understanding of building clean, modular applications using modern technologies, and be adaptable to change and working with the development team throughout project lifecycles.
- Experience of working in diverse working environments including agile
- Experience in development database technologies such as Aurora, MS SQL, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, ElastiCache or Redis
- Experience of back-end languages - Python, C#, Java.
- Experience of developing user facing application with efficient, well-documented, re-usable code
- Experience of database design and development for applications including triggers and stored procedures
- Experience of infrastructure as code including tools such as AWS CDK and Terraform.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined agile teams
- Experience of AWS technologies such as S3, CloudFormation, Aurora, DynamoDB, Glue, RedShift and database migration services
- AWS certification associate level (Developer, SysOps Administrator or Solutions Architect) or speciality (Database or Data Analytics)
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career