Exception is currently looking for a Delivery Manager to work with our public sector client, on a website consolidation project.
The role will be to review existing digital services, including legacy content and applications, and facilitate discussions with stakeholders to understand their current and future requirements and create a roadmap for the project. Experience of working in government and working with legacy systems would be beneficial.
The Delivery Manager will work on the consolidation of the digital estate, made up of online services and applications hosted across a variety of platforms. This will involve planning, recommendation of 'best practice’ approaches, coaching the team to ensure successful delivery of the project and roadmap, managing the backlog, meeting facilitation, stakeholder management.
Essential skills and experience
- Proactive delivery-focused expert, strong advocate of Agile practices. Experience in delivering a range of agile methods, frameworks, methodologies and tools, and understand which best to apply in a given situation
- Experience of matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams and skilled at building trust, reflecting, motivating and challenging the team, and innovating to create or tailor new ways of working.
- Strong negotiation skills, to engage with team members, colleagues and senior stakeholders, build effective relationships and achieve buy-in collaboratively. Uses information to challenge status quo and inspires confidence of stakeholders.
- User-focused, with proven experience of understanding robust, secure and inclusive digital products that meet user needs, technical requirements, legal or policy constraints and the quality expectations of the business.
- Understanding of the digital landscape, with experience of relevant sector(s) (government, archives, information services, culture and heritage) and working with legacy systems.
- Experience of developing product roadmaps and backlogs, structuring and tracking work, managing spend and communicating and forecasting progress and velocity.
- Detailed knowledge of using JIRA to plan and manage products and services.