Data Engineer – Cloud & Cyber Team
Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time. Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Data Engineer to be part of our successful winning team.
This role will be part of our Cloud & Cyber team which consists of several collaborative disciplines including development, DevOps, cloud architecture and engineering.
This team works alongside other teams such as sales, service management, service design and architecture to deliver projects and services for our customers.
These roles benefit from peer relationships and communities throughout Exception as well as role where the learning new skills are critical to success. We learn as a community and share knowledge through wikis, show & tells, online teams and face to face meetings.
This role will expand our creative and highly skilled team of consultants who have expertise in technical delivery, technologies and concepts in areas such as Data Storage, Data Ingestion, Data Integration, Data Warehousing and Data Preparation.
We are looking for someone who has an interest in the design, creation and management of data solutions that use modern techniques and technologies to meet user/business needs.
We are looking for someone who can interact with stakeholders to understand their needs and create solutions to meet those needs.
- Strong cloud engineering experience with modern data technologies and services
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver data engineering elements of wider projects, programmes, and services
- Skilled in multiple languages such as SQL, Python, Java, Scala, Julia
- Hands on experience of data technologies in cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) & GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working with data tools such as Spark, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Experience with requirements gathering, design, implementation of data migration solutions
- Experience working with both SQL and NoSQL foundational tools and databases such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experience delivering solutions using key techniques such as Data Modelling, Data warehousing, Lakes, ETL (Extract Transform Load), Virtualisation & Streaming
- Takes ownership and accountability for critical initiatives and deliverables both internally and for clients
- Awareness of current market trends in data having the ability to influence opinion and decisioning across the Data Management spectrum
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined agile teams
- Experience of AWS versions of data technologies such as Aurora, DynamoDB, Glue, RedShift and database migration services
- AWS certification associate level (Developer, SysOps Administrator or Solutions Architect) or speciality (Database or Data Analytics)
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business and work on exciting projects and services bring value to our customers. This is also an excellent opportunity to grow your skills in your field, wider your skills to new areas and advance within the organisation.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career