Exception is currently looking to hire a Cloud Engineering Lead to join our growing team.
As a Cloud Engineer Lead, you will manage a team in the creation, maintenance and development of production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalable solutions. You will also be responsible for implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to accelerate development.
This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience, training and certification in a variety of technologies. This will include AWS, DevOps tools such as Terraform, AWS CDK, Docker, Python, NodeJs, Lambda and cloud tools like CloudWatch.
We expect our cloud team to support the environments while working with development teams to implement solutions, so a good understanding of the software development cycle is preferable.
Key elements of the role include:
- Develop applications and solutions from technical specifications to the required standard
- Manage the build and release of software.
- Operating as a point of escalation both for internal and external stakeholders
- Pair programming with members of the team and working on problem solutions.
- Analysing costs and looking for ways to improve customer environments.
- We run a “you build it, you own it” model, so high quality and fault-tolerant designs are paramount.
- Lead, direct and mentor team members
- Work with customers to design and advise on cloud best practice
- Preferably by AWS certified or be close to certification to Pro or Specialist.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career