Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time. Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Cloud Engineering Lead to be part of our successful winning team.
As a Cloud Engineering Lead, you will manage a team in the creation, maintenance and development of production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalable solutions. You will also be responsible for implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to accelerate development.
This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience, training and certification in a variety of technologies. This will include AWS, DevOps tools such as Terraform, AWS CDK, Docker, Python, NodeJs, Lambda and cloud tools like CloudWatch.
We expect our cloud team to support the environments while working with development teams to implement solutions, so a good understanding of the software development cycle is preferable.
Key elements of the role include:
- Develop applications and solutions from technical specifications to the required standard
- Manage the build and release of software.
- Operating as a point of escalation both for internal and external stakeholders
- Pair programming with members of the team and working on problem solutions.
- Analysing costs and looking for ways to improve customer environments.
- We run a “you build it, you own it” model, so high quality and fault-tolerant designs are paramount.
- Lead, direct and mentor team members
- Work with customers to design and advise on cloud best practice
- Preferably be AWS certified or be close to certification to Pro or Specialist.
Work with Us
At Exception, our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
Life at Exception
Never the same day twice, working with us ensures a challenging and collaborative environment where you are sure to thrive.
We hold regular forums to share solutions and discuss new trends as well as regularly sharing interesting research and articles.
We invest in our people’s growth and development.
We are a close-knit team who are always there to lend a hand, guide and support each other. We work hard but have a lot of fun together too.
As well as all the usual stuff (competitive salary, pension, holidays, etc.), here are some of the benefits you can take advantage of when you join our team.
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday (it is an important day after all)
- Take a day to support a charity or a community initiative of your choice, paid for by us
- Full Private Medical Healthcare which can also cover your family if you wish
- Yearly flu inoculation and any covid-19 top-ups
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced parental pay
- Opportunities to learn and develop and gain accreditations all funded by us
- A culture that promotes respect, creativity, openness and is inclusive for all
- The opportunity to excel at what you do and progress your career