Exception is currently looking to hire a Cloud Engineer to join our growing team.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will work as part of our Cloud & Cyber team leading the creation, maintenance and development of production environments with a goal of high availability, fault-tolerance and scalable solutions. You will also be responsible for helping developers implement solution through IaC (Infrastructure as Code) as well as implementing continuous integration and deployment of code to accelerate development.
This is an opportunity to extend your hands-on experience, training and certification in a variety of technologies. This will include AWS, DevOps tools such as AWS CDK, Terraform, Docker, Python, NodeJs, Lambda and cloud tools like CloudWatch.
We expect our team to support the environments while working with development teams to implement solutions, so a good understanding of the software development cycle is preferable.
Key elements of the role include:
- Develop solutions as code and IaC from technical specifications to the required standard and support other develops to produce IaC
- Manage the build and release of software through CI/CD in both agile and non-agile projects.
- Operating as a point of escalation both for internal and external stakeholders
- Pair programming with members of the team and working on problem solutions.
- Analysing costs and looking for ways to improve customer environments.
- We run a “you build it, you own it” model, so high quality and fault-tolerant designs are paramount.
- Working collaboratively with team members to produce solutions
- Work with customers to design and advise on cloud best practice
- Preferably be AWS certified or be close to certification to Pro or Specialist.
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career
If you’re interested, please apply below.