Exception is a trusted digital consultancy, delivery and service provider dedicated to helping organisations unlock value and create opportunity through the power of technology. Our customers tell us we provide excellent service, always deliver what we promise and provide the capability they require on time, every time.
Everything we do is about helping organisations and people succeed and our dedication to the highest standards of service delivery is what sets us apart.
Our success is underpinned by the quality and talent of our people. Together we all share a passion for digital technology and how it helps our customers solve problems and find better ways of doing things.
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Business Analyst to be part of our successful winning team.
This role will be working in a busy IT projects environment, supporting the delivery of complex IT infrastructure and solutions programmes.
Applicants will have well-developed business analysis skills coupled with solid experience of successful output delivery in a demanding and complex environment. Excellent remote working skills and approach are required.
- Engage with the business to create business requirements and project scoping documentation including functional/non-functional requirements, often in the form of User Stories
- Collaborate with and support key project stakeholders to make sure there is a clear level of understanding regarding contribution levels and delivery objectives
- Plan and facilitate workshops, interviews and research in collaboration with the Technical and Project Delivery teams
- Lead and participate in typical project activities and ceremonies such as Backlog refinement, Planning, Retrospectives and Stand Ups
- Guide the process of prioritising requirements, balancing both the business and technical needs or restrictions
- Demonstrable business analysis experience; specifically eliciting requirements from business and stakeholders
- Experience of preparing technical business requirements
- Experience with software development practices including Agile/Scrum methodology and supporting tools such as JIRA or similar
- Excellent organisational skills
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career