At Exception, we are passionate about using technology to enable organisations. With customers across Government, Financial Service and Commercial sectors, our teams are continuously pushed to develop ever more innovative solutions. To help grow these teams, Exception is investing massively in the future of software automation and rapid development within modern architectures and we require smart, focused individuals to support us on this journey.
We're currently looking for a Team Lead for a service desk team who will be looking after customer’s AWS environments. The role will be to support a small team as they on-board and then manage infrastructure on AWS.
There is a need to provide 24/7 cover so while the normal working hours are 40 hours flexed between 8 and 6, there is the need for all team members to rotate being on call for nights and weekends.
The team will spend time training and working towards certifications in technology such as AWS and Docker which will allow them to progress to DevOps type work after a period of time.
Your responsibilities will include
- Management of customer tickets
- Managing the team to deliver 24/7 support
- Ensure calls raised are validated, investigated, and resolved in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Work with industry-leading partners and tools to enhance our service delivery
- Ensure a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
Your experience is therefore likely to include (ideally within enterprise infrastructure or public cloud technologies)
- Previous experience in a service desk role
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion for technology, in particular cloud technology and how it can enhance business and the IT industry
Benefits - over and above salary and pension
- 30 days' annual leave plus your birthday as a free day off
- A free day off for charitable work/good cause you believe in
- Increased leave with length of service
- Private medical insurance (and discounted rates for dependents)
- Life assurance scheme
- Flexible working
- Mobile phone allowance (so you choose the technology)
- Investment in your career
- Free fruit, tea and coffee